newbe moving cursor ???

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

burdy

newbe moving cursor ???

Post by burdy »

hi guys , can anyone tell me how i get the cursor to move across the tables while i am emulating rather than guessing where i am in load and rpm. do i need an aldl cable or is that just for logging . kind regards mark
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

An ALDL cable is no use for Fords. You need to use a live data scanner to see where you are with regard to load and rpm. What ecu do you have?
burdy

Post by burdy »

hi there, i have created xdf for cosworth sierra level 6 and the later 4x4 level 8 weber marelli ecu,s all cool but a cursor would be cooler . cheers mark
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

Hmm, don't know too much about the Weber Marelli ecu's. The L8 (and P8 ) can be made to datalog with a board modification but I think you might be tied to RP Labs 'IAW Monitor' to read the data.
Last edited by dex on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
burdy

Post by burdy »

hi dex , yep ive seen rp lab stuff very cool . so is my understanding correct does tp rt not know which eprom addresses are being accessed via the emulator it just up and downloads full and part bin files only or is it the emulator not telling tp which addesses are being accessed. mmmm cheers mark .
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The emulator is simply replacing the ecu's rom with it's own memory allowing you to make changes whilst the engine is running.

Without any live data scanning you cannot know where you are in the tables. Mark's other software, ScannerPro, that he's developing will display the live data from some ecu's but not Fords. I know he is planning to integrate this into TunerPro and maybe this will enable the current table location being used to be highlighted. It's not as simple as it sounds though because the results of table lookups are interpolated and it's very unlikely you be using the data from an individual cell.
burdy

Post by burdy »

ok nice one i will continue the old school way . thanks for your response dex. 8)
Turbochris

Post by Turbochris »

Hi!
The Ford Cosworth Weber P8 continiously sents its data to the output where it can be read. The hardware to adapt it to RS232 or a USB port is not very complicated.

The protocol is different to OBD.

Can this be recorded in Tunerpro´s ALDL ?

Anyone done that? Would be of great help.

Thanks, Chris
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

If you can figure out the protocol that the P8 is using and connect it via a serial port to the pc then I think you should be able to access it with ScannerPro.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

You may be interested to note that there are now Sierra Cosworth L1, L6 and L8 xdf's in the download section.