EGR multiplier set to 0 on stock tune

Discuss anything tuning related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

hillbilly25177

EGR multiplier set to 0 on stock tune

Post by hillbilly25177 »

I was looking around in my DA1(86-88) ford 5.0 SD tune and under EGR multiplier VS BP(I assume barometric pressure), it has a 0 value from 32-28 then shoots up to .9 or so, The scale runs from 32-0 like all other BP scales I have seen in tuning software. Wouldn't this turn off the EGR under almost all conditions (unless you only drive in the eye of hurricanes harde har har). Actually TP does not list this parameter only eeceditor and caledit and they both say the same for the stock values. I just have always got such good info here I thought you guys may be able to explain what's going on. Thanks for looking.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

The result from this table lookup is multiplied with the result of the 'EGR Altitude Table' (aka FN908B) table lookup. The resultant value is then added to the result of the 'Sea Level Multiplier vs BP' (aka FN212A) table lookup multiplied by the result of the 'EGR Sea Level Table' (aka FN908A) table lookup as part of the desired EGR flow calculation.
hillbilly25177

Post by hillbilly25177 »

Thanks Dex, I felt like a dumbass after I looked at it again and realized it had to apply to different table alt(altitude/BP). I always have brain farts first thing in the morning looking at tuning software, however I did not realize the interaction of both tables that you just mentioned. Is there any other document that explains the ford software besides GUFB that you know off? Although the various forums are great, it gets hard to make out the big picture for a average Joe like myself.
dex
The Ford Guy

Post by dex »

No need to feel stupid, we all have to learn about the way the eec works (and it's quirks :) ). These things aren't always obvious but the strategy document helps immensely. AFAIK there isn't really anything else that has the same kind of detail and the forums are often the best place to get more help.