Need $8D ecu definition file

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

gnatshop

Need $8D ecu definition file

Post by gnatshop »

I have already downloaded the GMECMEDIT program and have been very impressed from comments I have seen at other sites. I found the $8D ECU download file on this site, but it appears to be a text file. How do I download this and use it in the GMECMEDIT program.

I have tried GMECMEDIT using it with an AUJP BIN file I downloaded from DIY-EFI, but it doesn't accept the ECU file I downloaded from them. Of course, they are down right now, so I'm looking for another source for a $8D ECU file that will work.

I'm rather new at this, but have done a lot of research on the internet, concentrating on the diy-efi site, s-10 V8 sites, and Camaro site regarding the speed density TPI system. I'm putting a 400 small block with TPI in a 1994 GMC Sonoma. The priority items I'm looking at to change are to eliminate VATS, no EGR (Edelbrock RPM heads), displacement size, and injector size (I'm using stock 29# Grand National injectors).

Once it's running, I'll slowly start to playing with other stuff. Just like tuning engines has been forever. Try one way, if it runs better and faster, keep going. If it s runs worse and slower, go back and try other things. Just keep track of the changes and results.

Thanks in advance for any advice this group can give a newbie,
David
David Workman
1987 Buick Grand National
1987 Buick Turbo T-Type
1994 GMC Sonoma - soon to be 400 small block with TPI
Mangus
TunerPro Author

Post by Mangus »

welcome, gnatshop.

once you've downloaded the ecu file, run gmecm edit and in the ECU menu, choose "select ecu". then browse to the ecu file you downloaded (and yes, ecu files are plain text).

the items in the ecu file should enumerate and be made available to edit the bin with (don't forget to load the bin!).
TunerPro Author
1989 Trans Am
69 Ghost

Post by 69 Ghost »

If you are looking for a ECU file try Super_8d on TunerPro's ECU webpage. This is the only place it has been posted. Any feedback would be appreciated.
XThree

Post by XThree »

Have you tried this one?
1227730_8d.ecu
@
http://www.area51.org.il/~zaphodb/gmecm/
David J Buchholz

Post by David J Buchholz »

That file of 1227730 has a syntax error which always freezes up every computer I've tried to open it with!
1993 Caprice Wagon converted to speed density TPI with AFR195 heads SLP siamesed runners and Comp Cam XFI 230/236@0.50