Tunerpro RT Ostrich Emulation cannot get it to work. Docs?

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

Fordwrench

Tunerpro RT Ostrich Emulation cannot get it to work. Docs?

Post by Fordwrench »

I have an original Ostrich that I have had for a while but never used. I decided to hook it up and try it out on my Stock 89 Mustang and decrease my learning curve before I put the Turbo on. However I cannot get it to work with TunerPro RT. I have been searching forums of this site and others to find some sort of Documentation or help guide that would instruct me on emulation and the Ostrich with TP pro. I have search Moates.net over and still nothing. I have managed to get it working with eeceditor.
But I would like to see it in action on the TP pro. before I decide which I want to go with.

1989 Mustang Coupe with AOD
C3W1 Computer

I also have A9P and A3M1 computers also.

As of this writing I have only tried the C3W1 computer but I am gonna try the others.

When I write to the emulation with TPpro it uploads ok but when I verify I always get verify fail. And with Ostrich hooked up the fuel pump runs constantly and car will not run.

Thanks

Fordwrench
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

you may need to install ostrich USB drivers, tunerpro scans the pc's usb ports to see if it detects ostrich. What driver does it makes the usb port act like serial port. Instructions and drivers are at moates website
Fordwrench

Post by Fordwrench »

Drivers are installed. It recognizes the Ostrich. I can upload to the Ostrich.
However when I hook the Ostrich to the car and turn the key on, fuel pump runs constantly. When I try to verify the bin in the Ostrich with the bin in ram I get verify failed (0). Ostrich is not broken because it works with EecEditor.

MrFordwrench
revlimit

Post by revlimit »

I had similar problems and when I took the ostrich2 appart I found out they forgot to solder the battery leads so emulator was not keeping in memory anything you send it
Fordwrench

Post by Fordwrench »

Well I got it figured out. It is working now. After several days of reading and late nights up I finally got TunerProRT working with The Ostrich. Needless to say I dont have it working right with Eeceditor like I thought.
The problem was in the bin that I was downloading from the ecu. It comes down at 56k in size. So it has to be padded or stacked as it is called. And also I was downloading the bin with the burn1 first. I found that if I download the bin with the burn1 and not TunerproRT that the bins did not match. Dont know why. Still experimenting. But after I used the Burn1 interface built into TPpro to download the bin and then stacked it to 64k I was able to upload it to the Ostrich and it would verify properly. Now my emulation setup works properly with TPpro. At the moment I only have a stock 5.0 to play with but I will soon at turbo power adder and then I will have something to tune. I really want to check out the Moates QH and see some real time data. I am used to Accel DFI and the way the cursor jumps around the base fuel and spark maps to let you know where your cars tune is at any particular time is really helpful in tuning.

MrFordwrench

ps I think I will try to make some sort of document to help others with the same problem that I had. Although I eventually figured it out myself.
I really think some sort of documentation would really help when It comes to TPpro or Eeceditor and other tuners are concerned. Ironically I have learned most from Eec-Tuner documentation than anything else. :D