went 2 tools/preferences
cant figure it out
im not a dummy hold certs for cne novel
car is a 97 blazer 4.3w
please help be4 i go nuts
pablo

Post by pablo »

Hi, Mate (Super Noob Here)

Isn't it as simple as selecting the Com port ur cable is plugged into under preferences options as you said, Data Acquisition Plug-in Configuration? selecting use "Plug-in" (interface type)

Then, TunerPro Data Acquisition (Data Acq. I/O Plug-in Component)
Then selecting Standard Serial and The Com Port your using? Select (Configure Plug-in Component option)

I am sure it uses RS-232/USB TTL Serial Communication. So a standard usb lead wont work, you need something with a converter inline, USB to Serial cable as far as i am aware?? PL2303 driver installed maybe also. I have no clue what kind of usb lead your using mate.

I am a noob to mate, but have connected mine up and my Honda ODB0/OBD1 ecu's up for data logging in the past before before using a serial interface. Maybe thats what you missing Serial communication which is done via RS-232 TTL converter. Not to be confused with a regular USB cable which does not have a TTL converter. here are a couple of links to help you visualize what i mean and some info, i just googled them to maybe help you understand what i mean if you cable is the wrong type etc.

http://www.superdroidrobots.com/rs232.aspx
http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/215

Time is money lol hope this helps you mate and your answer is here bro, good luck i just didn't want you to see you waiting about for days for a response bro. I Thought i would give my 2 pence worth. forgive me If i am wrong or have mislead you or covered something you already know mate.

Peace and good luck on your search for knowledge