LT1 Spark Advance vs Altitude?

Discuss General Motors (GMC, Chevy, Pontiac, Hummer, Cadillac, etc) tuning topics here. Request definitions, discuss parameters, etc.

Moderators: robertisaar, dex

bluegizmo83

LT1 Spark Advance vs Altitude?

Post by bluegizmo83 »

So I've been doing some research and asking on other forums about this but haven't been able to get an answer...

I've been trying to find out if the Spark advance tables compensate for elevation changes. Someone said they think the BARO sensor that adjusts the AFR based on elevation should also compensate the Spark Advance tables based on elevation. However, I've found some more information that says it does NOT compensate the spark advance tables...

I live at an altitude of 4,000 feet above sea level so my car never sees 90-100 kPa at WOT...Typically it only sees about 80-85 kPa at WOT.

So my question is, to adjust the spark advance tables for my altitude, do I shift ALL the spark advance cells over to the left (i.e. everything in the 100 kPa column goes in the 85 kpa column, everything in the 70 kPa column goes in the 55 kPa column, everything in the 40 kPa column goes in the 25 kpa column, etc) or do I only change the 80-85 kPa columns to match whats in the 95-100 kPa columns??