Tuner Pro and Moates software

Discuss anything TunerPro related.

Moderators: Mangus, robertisaar, dex

iroczinoz

Tuner Pro and Moates software

Post by iroczinoz »

Okay Mangus figured out why WinBin and Tunerpro had different temp settings when they both opened the same BIN file. It was a problem with WinBin version 0.11. We sorted that out!

I have still been having the same issues though with the Fan coming on at totally different temperatures then set in the BIN file.

The fan should be turning on at 184F (84.78 deg C)
and turning OFF at 177F (81 deg C)

But today I took the car out for a drive and then left it ideling and the fan was on and the temperature on my laptop hooked up via the cables Craig Moates was selling and also his free software. The temp was showing 169F and the fan was still on.

Has anyone checked to see if their temp settings come on as set in tuner pro??

I don't know what could be causing this? The ECU file is correct and functional. This is the only problem I am having at the moment everything else seems fine when I data log.

Any Ideas??
iroczinoz

Post by iroczinoz »

Well I thought I would try one last thing to see if it is the problem. The ECU file does seem incorrect. I was using it on a 92 305TPI BIN that I copied from my new memcal chip from GM. Looks like the ECU file on this site does not work with the 92 bin's as there is a temperature difference in the temp settings when I open the BIN with my other ECU file that is for a 730ECM.

I thought that the ECU files would have been the same for 91 and 92. But on this site it does say that the ECU file for the 730 is only for the 90&91 models.

Interesting. So looks like I have found the problem might be useful for others. The ECU file that I will be now using for my 92 chip is the ECU file Mike Davies had on his site that he uses. 730v3-md.ecu

I am glad that the problem was found!